Tuesday, September 26, 2006

SHE'S PREGNANT!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Can I say it again?

YAY!!!!!!!

I picked Kelly up from Ken about 5:00 Sunday afternoon shortly after he arrived at the National. She was glad to see me but she sure does love Ken.

My initial reaction at seeing her is that she looked HUGE. Either Ken had been feeding her way too much or she was pregnant.

Mid way thru the week her breeder, Lynette Blue of Polar Mist Samoyeds palpated her and felt puppies. Meanwhile, Lynette's friend Hal (who is a vet) didn't feel puppies so I was left in a quandry. Did I have a fat girl or pregnant girl?

We arrived home late last night and first thing this morning I called my vet and made an appointment for Kelly to pay a visit. I decided not to ultrasound (so no pictues of unborn puppies today) but instead to do the blood test. I also did a glucose test on her as she is drinking water like there is no tomorrow and I was worried about gestational diabetes.

The pregnancy test was positive (YAY AGAIN!!!) and the glucose test was normal (another yay!).

So now Kelly gets to have extra food (Kelly says YAY!!!!) and do whatever she wants for the next month. Due date is around October 20, more on that in a future post.

Now I'm off to do a happy dance...