Monday, October 02, 2006

Big Dog

Kelly is huge. H. U. G. E. HUGE!!!!

I have never had a girl this big so early in her prgnancy. Shoot, Aliy never showed at all with her second litter!

Does this mean Ken really did fatten her up a lot while she was with him? (I don't think so since when I took her in for the pregnancy test she had only gained one pound since the day she left to go to Oregon...)

Does it mean she has BIG puppies in there?

Or does it mean she has a LOT of puppies?

Or just a lot of fluid?

She is already having trouble jumping on and off the bed. Boom'r and Kachina were still jumping on and off the bed the day they had their puppies!!

Kelly is also visibly uncomfortable when she stuffs herself into her crate of choice in the bedroom. I keep trying to convince her to go in the big crate but she prefers the little (30" by 20") one. Silly dog.

I think maybe I need to set up the whelping box soon and put an ex pen around it and let her spend her "rest time" in there instead of in a crate. As I mentioned before, Kelly is the ultimate creature of habit and I think she needs to get adjusted to her new surroundings well in advance of the puppies coming.

I'll get a picture of the fat girl later this week and post it here so everyone can see my gigantic dog....