Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pounders

Four of the seven pups hit one pound today. I'm pleased with the weight gains on all of them, although Blue Boy was making me a bit nervous the first couple days.

Tomorrow is dew claw day. We have a 3:30 appointment. That is unless we get snowed in. Although the weather here is *gorgeous* today, in the mid 60s, bright, sunny and only a few fluffy white clouds, here is the weather report, as of 3:14 MT, for tomorrow:

Blizzard Warning in effect from 3 am to 6 PM MT Thursday...


Yes, I'm serious. Possible total accumuation of 12 inches. High of 32 degrees. And that does not include the drifts which at my house often reach 6 feet. Colorado, love the weather or leave the state :)

Anyway, back to the puppies....dewclaws are usually removed when the pups are 3-5 days old. Because Blue was lagging behind on weight gain, I decided to wait and take them in on Day 4 instead of Day 3. If the weather is as bad as they say, I may be waiting until day 5 or 6.

And if I don't post at least the weight gains tomorrow, or if the camera is down, it's because we have no power.... think warm thoughts for the puppies, we may need it!