Monday, November 20, 2006

Clavamox.

That's what the vet prescribed for little Yellow Girl.

Yes, I said "vet prescribed". Yes, I took her in.

So much for not worrying about her.

OF COURSE I was worried. I worried all day Saturday, all day Sunday and just could no longer take it today. She was running a slight fever (102.9) and I just flipped out. [edited to add: just took her temp again (5:00) and it's 101.8!]

Rushed her in under an "emergency appointment". The vet is not worried. He listened to her breathing, he listened to her heart, he listened to her breathing again. He said it sounds like the whole mess is in her head and she'll probably be fine in a few days. No sign of anything in her lungs.

No vomiting, no loose stools. She's not interested in eating mush or yogurt, but boy when Kelly gets in the whelping box, she's first in line for the milk bar.

The Clavamox drops (twice a day) are "just in case". And probably a placebo for me :)

She's the only one getting the Clavamox, but if anyone else starts having a runny nose they get to start on it as well.

Y'all did such a good job sending postive thoughts out for Tiffa (She is expected to make it! Yay!!) that I'm hoping maybe a few good thoughts can come Yellows way now...