Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sniffles

The puppies have the sniffles. Sneezing and runny noses. I'm not sure how or where they might have picked something up.

So far I'm not too worried, they are eating well, both from Kelly and the mush I'm feeding them several times a day.

I did consult a vet earlier today, I was not sure if I needed to take them in or if just keeping an eye on them for now was enough. I mean the last place you want to take pups with depressed immune systems is into an animal hospital (potentially) full of germs. I was told as long as they are eating well and their breathing sounds generally good, that watch and wait was a good tactic.

Meanwhile out in Oregon Tiffa's platelets have climbed to 18,000, still low compared to the 100,000 they should be, but a whole lot better than almost 0 as they were 6 days ago.

We had an escape tonight. A very agitated Kelly came to find me and let me know her son, Green Boy, was wandering around the room outside the whelping box. Guess I need to start putting the side of the box up!