Sunday, October 22, 2006

On Our Way. Slowly.

6 am temp: 98.5

I think this is going to take awhile.

I'm not sure who got less sleep last night, me or Kelly.

At least I had a place to sleep. The first two litters I had I slept next to the whelpig box on a camping matress. Then I "moved up" to a 48 inch love seat. Given that I am 58 inches it was less then comfortable. Last week I bought a futon so I have a real bed in the puppy room.

Ummm... we'll finish the Futon story later... gotta go... she just had a contraction!!

2 hours later....

Okay well I *thought* she had a contraction. But there has been *nothing* since. And she does not seem in any discomfrot (other than the obvious). So maybe what I thought was a contraction was just Kelly getting comfortable on the futon next to me.

So anyway, back to last night. We spent the first part of the night with Kelly insisting on pushing her cold wet nose into my face every 30 seconds.

Then we spent the second part of the night with Kelly pacing.. pacing.. pacing..pacing.

Then from about 3 AM to 6 AM she sat or laid on the futon next to me, pressed up against me as close as she could get panting....panting...panting...

Since then (and the contraction that was apparently not a contraction) it's been really hectic here. The other dogs had to be fed and let out and all of that is making Kelly very unhappy. Nothing I can do though other than try to get everyone taken care of and settled. We did take a short walk but all she wanted to do was go back to the house.

She isn't happy in the puppy room, she wants to be in the little crate in the bedroom I wrote about a couple weeks ago. I have tried reasoning with her but she won't listen :) So here we sit, me in the whleping box and her jumping in and out and pacing the room.

I wish I could just get her lie down quietly in one place for ten minutes.